Ez XBRL

Ez XBRL is a simple and efficient application that enables effortless creation of XBRL documents without requiring extensive training in XBRL. With Ez XBRL, financial users need not become XBRL experts. Users can easily create XBRL documents without having to take the pain of learning the nuances of XBRL specifications. All the complexity of XBRL specification is managed exclusively by Ez XBRL allowing the users to focus on the financial information. Being the industry leading provider of document review and comparison software’s for EDGARization, has designed Ez XBRL to be an extension of the EDGARization process rather than a deviation from the existing workflow.

The Ez XBRL architecture is well designed to meet evolving needs of XBRL filings. Ez XBRL system has a centralized SQL database to store XBRL specifications, taxonomy extensions, element mapping and historical filing information. Ez XBRL supports all the essential functions of creating XBRL documents. These functions include the creation and management of taxonomy extensions while creating valid XBRL document instances. Ez XBRL supports XBRL 2.1 specifications and complies with the XBRL conformance suite. It’s a powerful and easy to use tool offering unique features that save valuable time and cost involved in creating XBRL filings.

  Multiple input formats

Ez XBRL accepts multiple input formats such as PDF, MS-Excel, MS-Word, SEC EDGAR I/EDGAR II filings.

  Easy mapping functionality

Ez XBRL has an easy mapping functionality with minimal user manipulation, allowing simultaneous mapping of items and corresponding values for all periods in the source financial table with respective XBRL items in the selected XBRL taxonomy. This creates the most accurate XBRL filings in the fastest time.

  Automated mapping

The highlight of the tool is its unique auto mapping feature, which carries out intelligent item mapping based on historical mapping information. This allows users to auto map upwards of 90% of the financial statements in subsequent filings (for new filings of a company that has previous filings in XBRL), leaving the user with less than 10% of manual mapping.

   Table normalisation

Ez XBRL allows users to ‘normalise’ tables from the SEC filings and those extracted from PDF documents before mapping them to elements in the XBRL taxonomies. This feature ensures that clean and relevant data is only captured in the XBRL instances. Text such as dollars and parenthesis split into different cells for presentation is all brought together to make figures meaningful.

  Text mapping

Ez XBRL also allows mapping of text from the SEC filings to elements in the XBRL taxonomies. This is particularly very useful to create XBRL instances using Risk-Return taxonomy where a large part of data has to be extracted from the text vis-à-vis US-GAAP taxonomies where nearly all of the taxonomy elements are populated using data from financial tables.

  Transposed table mapping

Ez XBRL has a unique feature that allows users to view transposed tables and even map them to XBRL taxonomy elements. Ez XBRL also remembers the view settings for such tables so while reviewing the mapping, the tables in the original filing that were transposed during mapping are automatically re-transposed.

  Auto detection of attributes

Ez XBRL can auto detect statement periods, currencies and units based on the information available in the source document.

  Built-in validations

Ez XBRL has built-in checks to confirm the validity of mapped items. All mapped items retain links to the source and can also be therefore traced back to the source table in the original SEC filings for confirmation.

  Stores formulae

Ez XBRL stores and allows reuse of formulae for calculated values such as Ratios.

  XBRL Preview

Ez XBRL also provides users with an option to preview the XBRL instance that it generates using the SEC Viewer enabling them to see how documents will appear after submission.

 


HOME | ABOUT | PRODUCTS | SERVICES | SUPPORT | CAREERS | CONTACT
© 2004–2009 DNC DATA. All rights reserved.